Creatinine consists of serum creatinine and urine creatinine, and often refers to serum creatinine which is an important indicator to reflect kidney function. An elevated creatinine level can cause numerous discomforts, affecting the whole body health. Well then, what are the possible causes of high creatinine level?
Creatinine is the metabolic product of our muscle activity which is mainly discharged out of the body by the healthy kidneys. In some case, an elevated creatinine level is associated with the muscle mass. However, since the muscle mass in the body is relatively constant from day to day, the creatinine production normally remains essentially unchanged on a daily basis. And high creatinine level is also not easy to be caused by the improper diet. But, if you suffer from the following diseases or symptoms, the condition will be different.
1. Kidney insufficiency patients are prone to suffer from high creatinine level, especially when kidney disease patients have infection, including flu, intestinal infection, urinary tract infection, creatinine level can increase rapidly in a short time. In clinic,High Creatinine Level is the very typical symptom for patients with chronic kidney disease or kidney failure.
2. Dehydration or inadequate water intake such as fever, excessive sweating, diuresis can cause blood concentration and reduce blood flow in the kidneys. As a result, creatinine level will increase.
3. Patients with high blood pressure usually have increased creatinine level. Especially, when blood pressure cannot get the well controlled, creatinine will increase.
4. If kidney disease patients use the renal toxicity’s medicines, they will suffer from the discomforts. What’s more, it can be irreversible.
5. Over-tiredness and lack of rest can cause elevation of creatinine level.
6. Urine abnormalities such as long term hematura, proteinuria can be accompanied by high creatinine.
7. Kidney Disease patients with recurrent illness condition are more likely to suffer from high creatinine level.
The mentioned above is the possible causes of high creatinine level. Then, treatment should comes. If you have no idea how to deal with, please be free to contact our Online Doctor or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready for the next step? Learn more about treatment options for kidney disease symptoms.