Viber or Whatsapp: +86 13633219293
Pediatric nephrotic syndrome is a common disease in urinary system. At present, its treatment effect is relatively optimistic, especially in children. The initial remission rate can reach 80%. But children are in their growth and development period, the treatment is totally different from adults. Accordingly, kidney disease experts here briefly put forward the following 5 tips for the treatment of nephrotic syndrome in children.
1. In the initial period of treatment, patients take orally prednisone generally, a dose of 1.7 mg/kg to 2 mg/kg per day. The time and method in reducing hormone after the urine protein become negative is very important. In order to prevent the recurrence of nephrotic syndrome, transitional reduction method is widely used.
2. Taking a plethora of hormones may affect children's growth and development. In the process of treatment, calcium tablet and cod liver oil must be combined to promote calcium phosphorus metabolism. Besides, hormones may also damage the endocrine and spirit. Children might appear restless, hyperactivity, easy to anger or diabetes mellitus, etc.
3. The impact on the gonad development in children should be fully considered in the application of cyclophosphamide. It should be based on the patient's age and gender to avoid causing infertility in the future. In addition, other side effects of cyclophosphamide on children's physical or psychological should also be considered.
4. Emphasize the importance of traditional Chinese medicine treatment. Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) in the process of treatment can play a role of three, namely: (1) direct protein elimination effect; (2) against the side effects of western medicine; (3) prevent repeated infection. Many kidney disease experts have reached a consensus, combining traditional Chinese and western medicine treatment indeed has distinct curative effect. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is widely used around the world now.
5. It is important to prevent or control infection actively. Nephrotic syndrome children are less resistant to infection which directly affects the curative effect of children. Children can't express themselves correctly and easy to cause the missed diagnosis and misdiagnosis. So children should make a comprehensive physical examination, and timely medicine after detection.
All of the above tips of treatment are concluded by experts after long-term clinical practice. Therefore, they are scientific and feasible. If you have any questions, please result the online expert, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.