I find this page by accident. When I click the online consultation, a real doctor just appeared in the video. He answered all my questions and made a detailed analysis of my kidney problem.
Q: Recently, the CT scan show a 3 cm cyst in my left kidney, I am a food lover, are there some dietary tips? What foods and drinks should be avoided for my condition?
A：Thanks for your query! Judging from what you said, you give special to the foods. As an old saying goes” Illness enters via the mouth”, so, people with kidney cysts are no exception.
To decrease the workload of damaged kidneys, the following foods and drinks should be taken into consideration:
1. Stay away from high-protein foods, these foods can be found in soybean, broad bean, skin of soya-bean milk, red meats, dried fruits and so on.
2. Avoid sodium-rich foods, if you are presenting high blood pressure and swelling, keep in mind to avoid sodium-rich foods. Such as, pickled foods, preserved meat, etc. Simply speaking, the specific amount should be in accordance with your condition.
3. Avoid stimulating foods(hot pepper, shrimp, crab, etc), the contaminated foods, the leftovers, broiled dishes and high-fat foods.
4. In general, the dietary principle should be light, and foods like whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, high-fiber can be good choices.
5. As for drinks, you had better not drink alcohol and keep away from coffee, cola and other caffeine-contained beverages.
6. If necessary, foods loaded with potassium and phosphorus should also be restricted. For more info, feel free to leave us message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
Topic: Live Doctor