I find this page by accident. When I click the online consultation, a real doctor just appeared in the video. He answered all my questions and made a detailed analysis of my kidney problem.
In my last lab test, my creatinine was 1.05 and GFR was 56, do I have to worry?
Thanks for your inquiry. For your questions, I will do our best to help you.
Both creatinine and GFR (glomerular filtration rate) are the indicator to reflect how well your kidneys are working. But GFR is relatively reliable indicator to reflect renal function. Although creatinine 1.05 does not beyond the normal creatinine level (0.5-1.2mg/dl), it does not mean your have a good functioning kidney. To be frank, creatinine level won’t increase until more than half of renal function has been damaged. As for GFR 56, it suggests patients are in CKD Stage 3A which means patients has a moderate kidney damage. In the stage, patients begin to suffer from some symptoms. Although it is not so dangerous as the Stage 4 or Stage 5 Kidney Disease, you still pay more attention to daily diet, lifestyles as well as treatments, so as to prevent further damage. Then, how?
1. Consult your healthy provider and ensure the underlying causes and try to control it.
2. Develop a healthy diet plan according to your illness condition.
3. Give up smoking, drinking and staying up.
4. Exercise regularly.
5. Take medications that your doctor prescribes.
6. Do regular physical tests
7. Take effective and natural treatments like Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy, Foot Bath, Immunotheraqpy and so on.