Viber or Whatsapp: +86 13633219293
Nowadays, more and more people, especially the elderly, eat fish oil for health care. Fish oil is oil derived from the tissues of oily fish. Fish oils contain the omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), precursors of certain eicosanoids that are known to reduce inflammation throughout the body, and have other health benefits. Therefore, it is wowed by the public. However, can Kidney Failure patients take fish oil?
A randomised clinical trial was carried out to see whether patients with kidney failure can take fish oil. On the basis of low protein diet and antihypertensive therapy, 22 kidney failure patients took the fish oil. 8 weeks later, their blood triglyceride and cholesterol decreased by 24.7% and 24.7% respectively, the high density lipoprotein and apolipoprotein AI/Apolipoprotein B ratio increased, creatinine clearance also increased by 39.6%, the rate of rise in serum creatinine obviously slow, plasma free amino acid spectrum also improved. (For more details, please result free online service) All of these mean that fish oil is benefit to delay the progress of kidney failure. It can be used as non-dialysis treatment aid.
The causes of its edibility
1. Patients with kidney failure should have low fat diet. Too much fat can lead to the deterioration of disease. Hyperlipidemia is also an incentive of kidney failure progression. So diet regulation is essential. Patients should reduce the intake of foods rich in saturated fatty acids; to increase the intake of unsaturated fatty acids, such ad fish such and vegetable oil, etc.
2. Kidney failures is mainly due to renal tissue necrosis which caused by ischemia and hypoxia. Fish oil has the effect of improving blood circulation. It can be taken according to patients’ own conditions.
1. Kidney failure patients who allergic to seafood can not take fish oil.
2. People with bleeding can not take fish oil.
3. During the period of taking fish oil, periodic detections of platelet, liver function, and coagulation function are needed.
Even patients with kidnney failure can take fish oil, the dosage still should comply with doctors' advice. If you want to know whether you can take fish oil or more notes on diet , please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will give you a reply within 48 hours.