Viber or Whatsapp: +86 15226572289
Dialysis is considered to be the treatment for chronic kidney failure. But not all the patients with kidney failure need dialysis. Then when dialysis is needed in chronic kidney failure?
Dialysis is regarded as an artificial kidney, which used to replace the damaged kidney to do some jobs. Dialysis can help kidney discharge the waste products and extra electrolyte as well as excessive water. Proper and adequate dialysis will help you relieve symptoms and delay the progression of kidney disease. In some urgent circumstances, dialysis can save your life.
If you do not do dialysis when it is needed, many risk factors may occur in the induction period. If you develop high potassium level and heart failure, you will be in danger of death. So proper dialysis is important.
When dialysis is needed?
Under the following circumstances, dialysis is needed.
- Obvious symptoms occur. ( sleepiness, cramps, nausea, vomit, itchy skin, acidosis, heart failure, heavy swelling, pulmonary edema)
- Patients have serious primary disease. ( high blood pressure, diabetes, SLE)
- Aged patients.
If you conform to those conditions, dialysis is needed even if the biochemical criterion is not high. Early dialysis can help you reduce the incidence of complications and death rate.
In some urgent conditions, patients should do dialysis immediately.
- High potassium leve cannot be controlled by drugs. It is higher than 6.5 mmol/L.
-Serious symptoms.( water-sodium retention, pulmonary swelling, anuria, oliguria, heart failure, heavy swelling)
- Metabolic acidosis and PH <7.2
- Patients have complications, such as hemorrhage of digestive tract, cramps, coma, pericarditis, etc.
Proper and adequate dialysis is important for chronic kidney failure. If you are not familiar with your condition now, you can ask your doctor or you can send your medical report to firstname.lastname@example.org, the kidney doctor will help you analyze your specific condition. If you still have problems, you can contact me by leaving a message below.