Viber or Whatsapp: +86 13633219293
The main clinical symptom of IgA Nephropathy is hematuria, including macroscopic hematuria and microscopic haematuria. There are also a small part of patients with the symptoms of nephrotic syndrome, namely high edema, hyperlipidemia, a large amount of proteinuria, and hypoalbuminemia. Thus, can anything be done about IgA nephropathy with edema?
Following are several tips for IgA nephropathy patients with edema. ( Please consult the free online servive to get more information about it.)
1. Bed rest
Keep the patient lie on the back can increase renal blood flow, improve the glomerular filtration rate, and reduce water sodium retention. Mild edema patient alternates bed rest and activity; severe edema ones should keep horizontal with the dropsical feet slightly rose.
2. Protect edematous skin
(1) Patients should wear soft cotton clothes, keep bed drying, and turn over more to avoid skin on apophysis be pressed.
(2) Take a warm water bath regularly, change underwear frequently, gargle before and after the meal, washing perineum once per day, keep the skin clean and prevent infection.
(3) Take nutritious food as much as possible to improve the body resistance. It is advantageous to the repair of damaged skin.
(1) For mild edema patients, salt intake restricted within the 3 g/d, including sodium food and beverages, such as sausage, bacon, and canned foods. For severe edema patients, daily water intake will be limited to 1000 ml, keep a salt-free diet.
(2) A low protein diet can slow the progression of renal injury. Protein intake of severe edema patients with hypoalbuminemia is 1g per kg daily, and more than 60% for the high quality protein; patients with mild edema daily protein intake is 0.5-0.6 / kg, and more than 60% for high quality protein such as eggs, lean meat, and milk.
4. Avoid triggers
(1) Increase or decrease clothes in a timely manner according to temperature change to prevent colds, avoid going to crowded public places.
(2) Combine work and play.
(3) Establish the confidence of conquer disease, keep optimistic state of mind.
(4) Communicate with colleagues and friends to prevent excessive depression.
In addition to above daily care, a right therapy plays an important role in the treatment of IgA nephropathy. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is recommended by many experts. If youare intersted in this therapy, please leave a message below, we will give you an answer as soon as possible.
Previous：Symptoms of IgA Nephropathy