Viber or Whatsapp: +86 13633219293
Some IgA Nephropathy patients may concern about their life expectancies, if their creatinine has already reached 6.2. How to reduce this level and how to prolong their life expectancy?
Firstly, we need to figure out what creatinine 6.2 means.
Normally, our kidneys can filter this metabolic waste out of our bodies. However, when more than 50% kidney function is damaged, this level will elevate. Creatinine 6.2 is evidently higher than normal value (0.5-0.2mg/dL). In this condition, more than 70% kidney function is lost, so it is high time for IgA nephropathy patients to take measures to reduce creatinine 6.2 and delay its progression.
What’s the life expectancy of these patients and how to improve it?
Many factors could affect patients’ life expectancy, such as age, treatments, diet and lifestyle. Thus, it is difficult to give an answer, while they can take some measures to prolong their life expectancy.
1. IgA nephropathy patients should keep a low salt diet, which not only has an effect on their blood pressure, but also can alleviate swelling.
2. Reduce protein intake, as more protein consumption can increase the burden of kidney.
3. Avoid foods high in phosphorus and potassium, if there are high levels of phosphorus or potassium.
4. As for water intake, you can consult our online doctors for advice, as this volume is different from person to person.
5. Stay away from foods high in creatine, such as red meats and seafood.
Dialysis may help patients eliminate this metabolic waste in short time, while it can’t clear up it from the root. What’s worse, patients’ conditions will get deteriorated with time.
However, some other treatments can help patients reduce creatinine 6.2 and treat it from the root. These treatments not only relieve the symptom but also help IgA nephropathy patients prolong their life span, like Immunotherapy and Blood Pollution Therapy.
If you are suffering similar condition, you can follow the above advice to prolong your life expectancy.