Viber or Whatsapp: +86 15512139310
Lupus Nephritis patients are required to pay special attention to their foods, as some foods may aggravate their conditions.
There is some advice for them to make a reasonable diet.
To avoid the following foods
Seafood and some meat
1. Seafood can induce allergy to patients, and some meat, like mutton and venison, may aggravate patients’ condition.
Foods inducing photosensitization
2. Parsley, celery and spinage make patients are more liable to photosensitization, which can aggravate the red spot on their faces. Therefore, patients should avoid this kind of foods, like fig, astragalus smicus and bullacta.
Foods inducing systemic lupus erythematosus
3. Lupus nephritis is caused by systemic lupus erythematosus. And mushroom and some food colors may have the potential of inducing systemic lupus erythematosus.
4. Some spicy foods, like pepper, raw onion and raw garlic are recommended to lupus nephritis patients.
Foods high in sugar
5. Lupus nephritis is a kind of autoimmune disease, so patients are required to take glucocorticoid to suppress the overactive immunoreactions. However, long-time use of this medicine may cause diabetes. To prevent this disease, patients should eat less and reduce foods high in sugar.
6. These patients always have poor digestive function, so greasy foods may cause digestive problems. What’s more, patients always have hypoproteinemia, which is always accompanied by hyperlipidemia. And too much greasy foods deteriorate this condition.
Eat more these foods
1. Foods loaded in calcium
One side-effect of glucocorticoid is inducing bone disease, so patients should take more foods loaded in calcium, such as milk and kelp. Foods high in vitamin D are also good for them, since vitamin D stimulates calcium absorption.
2. Fruits and vegetables
Patients may suffer shortage of vitamins, which cause many sufferings, such as itchy skin, poor appetite and headache. Fruits and vegetables are natural supplements for these nutrients.
To well control their conditions, lupus nephritis patients should take suitable foods based on their conditions, and they can follow the above advice. If you want more specific food list, email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous：Is Turmeric Good for Lupus Nephritis