Viber or Whatsapp: +86 15512139310
Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (or FSGS) is a relatively common form of kidney disease, especially in the US. It is a type of Glomerulonephritis, a disease in which scarring occurs inside some of the glomeruli, the tiny filters of the kidneys. The scarred glomeruli are no longer able to filter blood adequately.
This disorder affects both children and adults. Males and boys are affected slightly more often than females and girls, and it also occurs more often among African Americans. It is classified as either primary or secondary FSGS:
Primary form of this disease occurs spontaneously or without an identifiable cause;
Secondary type is links to a multitude of conditions that include drug abuse (painkillers, heroin), HIV, inherited genetic problems, obesity, reflux nephropathy, sickle cell disease, cancers, hypertension, and others.
Exams and Tests
• Conventional tests: urine test, blood test, and kidney biopsy.
• Immune special examination and diagnosis
- Kidney damage tests. Checking items include: UTP, U-malb, U-TRF, U-IGG, β 2-microglobulin, α1-microglobulin, α2-macroglobulin, κ light chain, λ light chain, U- NAG, U-GGT, and Uosm.
- Urinary protein electrophoresis.
- Selective urine protein index (SPI).
- Complement in blood serum test. This test include C3, C4, CH50, C3B, etc.
- Toxins in blood test. Checking items include: BUN, Creatinine, UA, β 2-microglobulin, Cyc C, RBP, HCY, and PTH.
Over 50% of people with this disease develop into Chronic Kidney Failure within 10 years. Fortunately, timely and effective treatment can help patients prevent renal failure. For information about the best treatment for you, feel free to Contact Us.
Kidney Transplant in FSGS
The risk of this disease returning in the transplanted kidney varies from 20-50%. The recurrence can happen within hours to days, though most cases will be within the first year after transplant.
More than half of patients with recurrent FSGS in their transplant will lost their kidney within 5 years. Hence, once the disease comes back to the new kidney, it is essential to get timely treatment and avoid transplanted kidney failure. Blood Pullotion Therapy is recommended.
If you would like to get more information or have any problem in managing your kidney disease, feel free to chat with our online doctor!
Please call Viber or Whatsapp: +86 15512139310 Skype:renaldiseases or email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Monday through Sunday) to make an appointment or request an Online Doctor Consultation