Viber or Whatsapp: +86 13633219293
Though CKD patients usually suffer no symptom, patients shouldn’t neglect the disease. If left alone, it may progress into End Stage Renal Disease. Thus, the management of CKD stage 1-2 is very important.
If the kidney condition gets well controlled, patients have a great chance of reversing their disease. However, how do patients control their kidney condition? The following tips can help them better manage their condition.
If you want to know the condition of your kidney, you can take some tests, such as blood test, urine test, kidney function test, imaging test and kidney biopsy.
Some special tests may help you know more details of your kidney condition, like immune test, kidney function test and blood toxins test.
Monitor blood pressure and blood sugar
Test the blood pressure and blood sugar, take notes of them and consult with your doctor when you have regular checkups. Patients should control the blood pressure stable, as blood pressure fluctuation also has negative effects on their kidneys. There is a recommended blood pressure level for kidney disease patients.
■125/75 for those with diabetes
■130/85 for non-diabetes and non-proteinuria
■125/75 for non-diabetes with proteinuria
Maintain a healthy diet
1. Choose a variety of grains, especially whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables.
2. Stay away from foods high in saturated fat and cholesterol.
3. Avoid refined and processed foods loaded with sugar and salt.
4. Eat right amount of high-quality protein.
5. Take adequate calories.
6. Consume right amount of vitamins and minerals.
Keep a healthy lifestyle
1. Take medicines as prescribed by their doctor
2. Do mild exercise regularly.
3. Quit smoking and drinking.
4. Live a regular life.
5. Keep a positive attitude.
Early management of CKD in stage 1-2 can prevent the progression of your disease. You need a nephrologist to help you monitor you condition and give you professional advice. You also can contact our online doctors for help.