Viber or Whatsapp: +86 15226572289
“I am just diagnosed with Stage 3B Kidney Disease and I am having a hard time. Because I do not have any idea about what can I eat.” Actually, the question is very common among patients. Today, in order to help more kidney disease patients develop kidney-friendly diet plan, we have consulted kidney expert from Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital, China.
Kidney experts points that Stage 3B CKD patients have a moderate kidney damage and GFR ranges from 30-43ml/min. Usually in the stage, most patients begin to suffer from some obvious symptoms like swelling, proteinuria, itching, hypertension, slight anemia, etc. If left controlled, as kidney function declines, more and more wastes will build up in the blood, causing a condition known as Kidney Failure. Therefore, it is important to take timely and effective treatments, among which Diet is such an important part of treatment for keeping patients’ kidneys working as long as possible. To get an individualized diet plan, you can email to us at email@example.com or leave a message below directly!
Recommended food for patients with stage 3B renal disease.
1. People with moderate kidney damage should avoid excessive protein intake. Daily protein intake for Stage 3 CKD should not exceed 0.6g per lb of body weight. Animal protein is about 60% in the low-protein diet but rich in high-quality protein, such as beef, lean meat, red meat, fish, chicken, etc.
2. People should keep away from salty food. Generally the amount of salt intake daily should be less than 3g. Therefore, you’d better cook for yourself and add proper salt amount. In addition, patients avoid or limit some foods such as canned food, pickles, bacon and so on.
3. Patients should ingest more vitamins so as to strengthen immune system. Patients can eat some vegetables and fruits, such as pear, apple, cucumber, tomato, blueberry, carrot, celery, and so on.
4. Some patients should also limit intake of phosphorus or potassium intake. Once you find your phosphorus or potassium level is higher, you’d better to choose food which are less in these minerals.
5. Patients should drink correct amount of water. If the volume of urine is less than yesterday , you should control water and the volume you take in should less than urine yesterday. Of course, if you do not suffer from swelling or hypertension, there is no need to have strict water restriction.