Viber or Whatsapp: +86 15226572289
Diabetes is one of important factor to affect kidney health. When disease progresses into Stage 3 CKD, patients begin to suffer from numerous symptoms and discomforts. And there are several treatments options to stay healthy and slow the progress of disease. Among treatments, diet is an important part in protecting remaining kidney function.
What diet changes can help improve your kidneys?
Decrease use of salt and salty foods
Decreasing salt will decrease the swelling and high blood pressure which are two major symptoms of stage 3 kidney disease. Well then, how to decrease salt in diet?
1. Decrease salt in cooking
2. Take the salt shaker off the table.
3. Eat less canned foods, deli meats, fast foods and salty snack foods.
Adjust protein intake
For stage 3 kidney disease patient, their damaged kidneys are not working well, large amounts of protein can leak into urine through the hole on glomeruli, leading to proteinuira. Generally, 0.6-0.8 gram per kg body weight is recommend.
1. Choose fresh or frozen unprocessed meats, poultry, pork and fish most often.
2. Egg white and milk are good choices.
Usually, stage 3 kidney disease lack vitamins which are good for body. They can boost immune system and help you fight against infection, cold, kidney disease, etc.
1.fresh vegetables and fruits such as cranberries, guava, and gooseberries are good source of vitamins.
2.You should pay attention to the fruit intake because some fruit contain a large amount of sugar. Over-intake will aggravate illness condition.
Other diet requirements
1. Limit or avoid intake of alcohol as it may affect your blood sugars.
2. If you potassium level is high, you should restrict the intake of potassium.
3. If you have edema and high blood pressure, you should limit intake of sodium.
However, since each patient is different, there is no set diet plan for Stage 3 CKD, and that’s why it’s important to consult an expert who can create a plan to suite your specific needs. For an personalized diet plan, please leave a message below or mail to email@example.com and we will do what we can help you.