Viber or Whatsapp: +86 15512139310
It is well know that all chronic kidney disease patients should have strict requirements on diets and lifestyles. Knowing what they should avoid will lay a solid foundation for preventing the progression of illness condition.
Let’s see the overview of Chronic Kidney Disease
Chronic kidney disease refers to that kidney loses its abilities gradually. And along with decline of renal function, kidneys are not functioning proper. As we all know, our kidney is one of important organs to our body and it needs to do many “job” to guarantee our body health. It is in charge of producing urine, regulating water in the body, keeping the electrolyte and acid-base balance and so on. However, for chronic kidney disease patients, their injured kidney lose this ability and numerous symptoms will occur, like High blood pressure, edema, proteinuria, blood in urine, fatigue, anemia and so on. In order to control of progression of illness condition, patients should avoid the following contents:
Develop strict restrictions on diet
1. Avoid high-protein diet. Eating too much protein will increase the burden of the kidneys and cause further damage on kidneys. What I want to emphasize is that you should consume high-quality protein to satisfy the body needs.
2. Avoid high-sodium diet. In order to control well of high blood pressure or swelling, you should limit intake of sodium.
3. Avoid high potassium and phosphorus.
Actually, these restrictions are always keeping changing according to your illness condition. If you have difficult in choosing foods, you can talk with our online dietitian and he will give you an individualized advice.
Keep away from unhealthy lifestyles.
1. Avoid strenuous exercise. Strenuous exercise will just increase the speed of kidney damage and worsen the illness condition. Here we recommend moderate exercise to you, like jogging, walking, Taichi, etc.
2. Avoid smoking. The ingredients of tobacco will stimulate the various nerve and organs and worsen the illness condition.
3. Avoid alcohol.
To sum up, only chronic kidney disease patients know the what they should avoid, can they control well the development of illness condition. Wanna more details? You can email us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tag: CKD Basics